Friday, April 10, 2015

Family, Baby, School... Life Continues

Landon loves the train
It has been awhile since I have blogged... Ok, it has almost been a year. This past year we have seen some changes in our lives. A few months after moving into our home I graduated BYU. It was so good to be finally done. In August, I started a new job and ended up completely leaving my old job. It was very sad, but it was time to move on. After some thought and discussion, we decided that I should go and get my MBA. I started at the end of September at the University of Phoenix. I go to campus once a week for class, and it is very friendly to those that are working and have other things in life besides school.

One is never enough
So the biggest change for us is that in January we found out we were pregnant again. It was unexpected. We have been trying for over a year and tried many different things, and medications, and nothing was working. My hormones were completely off and was not ovulating with any medication. Personally I was emotionally and physically exhausted. I thought it would never happen again for us. We were about ten days from meeting with a doctor to discuss surgeries or IVF, when we found out we were pregnant!

*Disclaimer this is a little more personal and my complete opinion on things so if you don't want to read that just skip down*

I have to say before I start talking about the pregnancy. I am very grateful that I have been able to get pregnant this one last time. I know that I am lucky. I know that people struggle longer and go through a lot more to get pregnant. That being said it does not change how HORRIBLE pregnancy is for me. For me being pregnant, is a love/hate type of situation. For me, pregnancy is very hard and causes more problems for me than I can even name. I love the outcome I just have a  hard time with the nine months of pregnancy. There is some real emotion roller-coaster rides having such a hard time. Since it is so hard on me and because of some of the other health issues I have this has to be the last baby because I need to have a hysterectomy soon. I haven't decided exactly when that will happen, but it will happen in the next year.
Our little baby
That same day we found out I was pregnant, I was bleeding a lot and cramping like crazy. At the same time, I was starting to get so nauseated. It was a Saturday so I just kept those things to myself until I could call a doctor on Monday. I got in first thing on Monday, and they took some blood to compare with. I had to go back a few days later to get another blood test to see if my hormone levels were rising enough to constitute a pregnancy. It was a scary few days. After I got the results back, they said there were some other levels that were off, and I needed to start some medications and come back in ten days for an ultrasound.

Keith and Landon came to the ultrasound appointment with me. Landon was so excited to see the baby on the screen. We were able to hear a heartbeat that day, and it was so unreal. Ever since Landon comes up and pulls up my shirt to "look" at the baby. By this time, I was very sick and throwing up a lot. The doctor prescribed me a new medication that just recently came out to help with morning sickness. It was quite expensive, but it really did help.  It just helped, so I wasn't running to the bathroom to throw up every hour or two. Unfortunately, it didn't help that I had no appetite and couldn't be around food without being sick.

With the early scare and my hormone levels not being quite right and everything else, we decided to keep this information to a few people. I had to tell the people I worked with so they didn't think I was weird for always going to the bathroom or not being able to eat much. Other than that we just kept it to a few family members and close friends. We wanted to make sure that the baby was alright and kept developing as he should.

Landon thinks he is waving
The first trimester was horrible I was sick all the time. I ended up losing about 20 pounds because of how sick I was. I had little to no appetite. It was really hard for everyone in the family. I was so sick, and if I wasn't at work or school I was in bed. Poor Keith was pretty much a single parent for 12ish weeks. He did all the cooking and cleaning because it all made me throw up. I couldn't even open the fridge or go in the pantry without throwing up. Landon was so cute and would come rub my back and ask me if I was ok when I was throwing up. With the nausea I also had really bad GI problems, kidney stones twice, pretty bad cold, my lovely heart issue came back and once again I have become allergic to my husband...

Keith has been amazing through everything. He has been there for me and for Landon. He does everything he can without complaint. He is very supportive of everything I have going on and does everything he can to help me. We had made plans for Valentine's Day, and I was way to sick to do anything. He went out and got me a very beautiful purse because he thought flowers, candy and food would make me sick. It is so cute to see him and Landon playing together. Landon gets so excited to go hang out with dad.

Finally around week 15 I started feeling less nauseated and was able to back off the medications. It isn't completely gone but now usually a Dr. Pepper helps. I'm not sure why but it works so I won't complain; it also helps with the crazy headaches that I've been getting. I also started getting my appetite back, and it is so nice to be kind of normal again.

Baby Boy
We found out on March 31st that we were having another boy. At first we were a little disappointing since we wanted a girl with this being our last pregnancy. After talking it over, ordering the cutest blanket from A Miracle Unfolding, we thought of all the good things and decided if we really felt we needed a girl down the road we could adopt a little girl. Landon is very excited, and he will be such a good brother and they will be such good friends. Landon is already talking about playing trucks with his brother.

Doughnut Picnic 
Enough about pregnancy here is a little about Landon. He is such a smart kid. I know everyone says that about their kid but he really is getting smarter and smarter. He can tell you any construction vehicle. He knows which ones are grandpas and which ones are not. He talks so much! I think it comes from him being around so many adults, but that is ok. He loves being outside and playing at the park. He also loves reading, we sometimes hear him in his room reading books when he should be sleeping. He loves his uncle Jackson and will follow him everywhere when he is around. He is obsessed with Bubble Guppies. He can name all the charters and can repeat some of the stories back, which is so cute.


So, I will try to keep the blog somewhat updated but I have a lot going on with the family, work and school. Also in about six weeks I'll be talking four classes in twelve weeks so I can have a little break when he baby comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment