Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Baby and Heart Update


These last few days have been interesting... Last week at our appointment the doctor said that I was dilated more and even more thinned out than the week before. When we started talking about delivering he said that the ultrasounds that we have previously had different estimated due dates. The earliest one said that I was due October 5th and not September 30th. I was not very happy with that and I'm sticking with the 30th because it just sounds better and i've had more ultra sounds that said the 30th.

With my heart issue not getting any better and actually getting somewhat worse we decided to go forward with doing an amniocentesis and then inducing the baby. So in two days we are going in for the amniocentesis to see how developed the baby's lungs are. If they are developed enough the doctor will induce me. We are hoping everything goes well and that I can really be induced on the 20th!

It is so crazy to think that the baby could be here so soon! 

Today I went to the cardiologist. I just have to say he is one of the best doctors I have ever had! I know from working at the hospital he is one of the busiest doctors in the area but he always takes his time and makes sure I feel at ease about everything we discuss and decide to do. Today he decided that I needed to go on some medication to help with the irregular heart beat. It won't fix it but it will make it better for right now. 

After listening to my heart he told me that I wasn't crazy in feeling like the irregularity was getting worse because he could hear that it was worse. He also told me that he would meet with me again in four weeks and we would discuss surgery. He said in his opinion I should get the surgery done because the pills are never going to fix the issue but surgery can. I have very similar feeling. He said getting it done sooner than later would be best. We want to get the baby here and make sure feeding the baby is all figured out. Once all that happens we could go forward with surgery. So we are looking at having surgery sometime in late October or early November. 


How Far Along: 38 weeks and 2 days

Size of Baby: 19 to 22 in, about 7 lbs

Cravings: Nothing right now

Sleep: I haven't been able to sleep very well lately... I figure it is good practice for when the baby actually gets here

Sex of Baby: Boy

Weight Gain: I've gained about 22 pounds so far

Name: Landon but we still can't decide on the middle name...

Fetal Movement: His moving has decreased a lot. He is just running out of room

Best moment of the last few weeks: Setting the day of when this baby is going to get here.

Miss Anything: Not being uncomfortable when sitting...

Labor Signs: Still thinned out and dilated to a 3! All contractions have stopped since last week

Belly Button in or out: It really depends on where the baby decides to sit.

Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm trying hard to just relax and not get stressed about things but i've been in a pretty good mood lately.

What you are looking forward to this week: Seeing this baby finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment