Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Landon Tate McFarlin finally Arrived!!!

So when last I posted we were hoping that we would have Landon on the 20th. Well we went and got the Amniocentesis done to see how developed Landon's lungs were. They told us we would get the results by three in the afternoon my doctor said he was on call and he didn't see why they would come back and say his lungs were not developed. So of course it came back that his lungs were not developed enough. They didn't get back to us until later on Thursday so the doctor's nurse called and told me to come in Friday morning.

Friday morning we went into the office and the doctor explained that Landon's lungs were developed but not enough to be able to be induced at the hospital. He said we would tear my membranes and that would put me into labor for sure. He told me I was almost dilated to a 4 and that I was all the way thinned out and should start contracting anytime. He said as soon as I got contractions 5 min apart to go into the hospital and he would be over to deliver me. Well Friday continued with no contractions... 

On Saturday I woke up with still no contractions or even feeling like I was in labor. We decided to just have a day that had nothing to do with labor or the baby and just be us. We went mini golfing and out to eat and ran errands. We red-boxed the Katy Perry movie and after watching the movie I gained a greater appreciation for her. 

On Sunday I woke up not feeling very good and Landon was sitting very high up into my ribs. I could not be comfortable other than laying in bed so I just  stayed in bed most of the day. Finally about one he moved further down and I was able to sit and be somewhat social. We went to a family dinner and had really good food but I started feeling sick again and went home. We got home a little after seven and then all the sudden at 7:30 I started having contractions. They were very painful. I had three about 15 min apart. Then I thought it would be a good idea to shower and maybe they wouldn't hurt so bad. 

The contractions started coming about every two min. I knew I should wait for like an hour of having contractions two min apart but I was in a whole lot of pain so we decided to go to the hospital. We told my mom and she said she would get ready and meet us over there. I told Keith he was not allowed to speed he just had to get us there quickly. 

We got to the hospital and got to labor and delivery and they were just casually getting things together and asking questions for what seemed like an hour. I was still having really strong contractions every few min. Then the nurse was looking at contraction monitor and was like yeah it looks like you are in labor. She then decided to check where I was and I was at 9 cm. I was a little shocked and the nurse was like do you still want an epidural? I said yes! I was feeling pressure to push but I was going to hold the baby in until I got that epidural because I was not going to push without it.

Luckily they got the the epidural in and I was much happier with everything after that. The doctor on call came in and he said it was time to push. I started pushing and everything was going well and then the baby's heart rate started dropping so they got forceps out used them to help when I was pushing. They got caught and tore a little but that was probably the worst of the whole labor process. His cord was wrapped around him so it was good that he had some help. He came out at 11:57 on September 23, 2012. I was just in shock to be honest. Everything just went so fast and I didn't have time to process everything and I just didn't know what to do. It took awhile for me to really realize what just happened. 

Keith - We thought that I should add something now since the pregnancy part is over and I'm actually doing some of the work now. We had kinda given up hope of the day that Landon was going to come. But Sunday   night came around and after dinner, the contractions hit hard and came fast. From the time that Kylee started contractions at home to the time that Landon came into the world was about 5 hours. Amazing, right?! I have never heard of a first time labor going so quick. But I guess he was as ready to get here as we were to have him. It was the most indescribable experience to watch my son being born. I was holding one of Kylee's legs as she was pushing, so I got the whole widescreen view. A little dirty white spot kept moving closer and closer. I asked the doctor if that was his head because I wasn't sure ( I have never seen this before, ok). 
When he finally came through after 40 mins of pushing, it was just amazing. I cut the cord (was very proud of myself) and followed the nurses to clean him off. He wasn't crying very much, but it came little by little. He still does not cry too much. Its only been a few days and there have been lots of diapers, binkies, t v shows, up and down nights; but I have had the best time. He is just perfect and such a pretty baby. I love his long arms and legs (guess he will be tall). I love watching Kylee figure out what he really wants when he is crying; she is able to calm him every time. I can't wait to experience this phase of life get better and better. 

When things finally came together and I could wrap my head around what could happen I was just so happy. There were no serious complications and I was just so happy that everything went so well. It still was crazy how fast everything went. Everything happened within 5 hours.

Landon is such a good baby. He is so content and has been mostly good about breast feeding. There are some struggles but overall breast feeding hasn't been terrible. It is crazy how much you can love someone so quickly. I couldn't ask for anything more in life than being a mother. Maybe it is because I was told it was more than likely that I could not have a baby but there is just a feeling that I have that I can not explain to anyone. It is the best feeling in the world to be a mother and have a child. 

Keith is amazing father. It is such a good experience to go through as a couple. I love watching how gentle and wonderful Keith is with Landon. I can tell how much he loves him and it is so fun to watch them together. Keith has been so amazing to help with whatever I need. He is very attentive and I am very thankful that he has paternity leave and has built up PTO so that he can be with me for the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment