Friday, September 7, 2012

It's almost over! 36 weeks!

There hasn't been a whole lot going on these last few weeks. The foot surgery I was going to have didn't end up happening. When we went in I was 34 weeks, which is a little early to deliver. Since I wasn't far enough along there were hospital policies that stated that there needed to be be a OB in the hospital in case of an emergency and there was not an OB in the hospital that we were at. I think it was a little weird since it was mostly a Labor and Delivery hospital. My doctor was ok doing the surgery but the anesthesiologist refused to even try. Without him it couldn't happen. They said that I could come back when I was 37 weeks but I think I'm just going to wait until the baby is here.

The week after I took off work for the surgery. It was a little boring not working but I was able to find things to do. Last Saturday when I was getting ready I had a episode of my heart issue. It lasted longer than it has been and the baby wasn't moving like usual or when I tried to get him to move so we went to the hospital to make sure he was ok. Of course by the time we got there he was moving and everything was fine. The doctor on call was worried and made me go to the ER. Of course they couldn't find anything wrong and sent me home. I tried to tell them I already knew what the issue was but sometimes doctors want to figure things out on their own. I'm very used to that by now. 

We had a doctor's appointment yesterday and I went in with no expectations. The doctor checked and I was at 2 cm and mostly thinned out! With that news the doctor thinks that they were wrong with the due date and it is earlier. He said I should have this baby by the 15th at the latest! He said he could induce me now because of my heart issues but we would need to do an expensive test and since my body is naturally starting he recommended just waiting. The cardiologist said that it would be ok if we waited a few more days. I really want this baby here but I will wait if it saves some money and the baby is doing fine. 


How Far Along: 36 weeks and 5 days! (I'm just sticking to the original due date)

Size of Baby: 19 to 22 in, about 6.5 lbs

Cravings: Hawaiian Shaved Ice

Sleep: I haven't been able to sleep very well lately... I figure it is good practice for when the baby actually gets here

Sex of Baby: Boy

Weight Gain: I've gained about 20 pounds so far

Name: Landon but we still can't decide on the middle name...

Fetal Movement: He moves a lot but I can tell he is running out of space.

Stretch marks: None

Best moment of the last few weeks: We were able to spend time with Keith's family before his brother starts his mission today.

Miss Anything: Sleep and not running into things with my stomach.

Labor Signs: Some contractions since yesterday and the doctor said i was dilated and thinned out. We are getting close!

Belly Button in or out: It really depends on where the baby decides to sit.

Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm trying hard to just relax and not get stressed about things but i've been in a pretty good mood lately.

What you are looking forward to this week: Getting things together so that we can be ready for this baby to come. We could have this baby at anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment