Monday, June 24, 2013

Cooking!

So I've decided to start adding recipes that I make to my blog. A lot of what I make comes from growing up and watching my mom cook or going to church things with her. My other sources are cookbooks or the oh so infamous Pinterest. After I decide on what I want to make I change things to fit with how I like making things or use things that I like or just what I have at the time. I will add pictures when I remember but they will not be professional or fancy I just want people to know what things look like in the end. I know the dread when trying to decide what to make for dinner so hopefully this can help other people come up with dinner ideas to get out of the rut of making the same thing over and over.

Cooking is a passion for me. It really helps me relax. There is something so rewarding to see people enjoying what you make. Making good food doesn't need to be difficult or complicated. It can be really simple and not stressful. It takes some time to get things going with cooking and it takes practice. I don't always make things perfect. Sometimes things are to salty or have too many onions but I learn form that and keep trying.

This is a recipe that I mad a few days ago for a girls night I had. One of my mom's friends brought it to a cooking night they had when we lived in Kentucky. I also made homemade ice cream that my Aunt Cami used to make.



Vegetable Pizza
2 Cans crescent rolls
Garlic salt
1 8 oz bar of cream cheese
1/2 cup mayo
3 tbs. Ranch or a ranch packet
sunflower seeds
broccoli 
carrots
tomatoes
cilantro
green onions

Spread out the crescent rolls on a cake pan and sprinkle some garlic salt on it (I use Lawry's Garlic Salt). Cook the crescent rolls for 10-15 min at 350 degrees (until golden brown). Mix together the cream cheese, mayo and ranch. When the crescent rolls are cooked and cooled then spread on the ranch and top with whatever vegetables you like. I listed what I used.


Citrus Ice Cream
3 eggs
3 oranges juice
2 lemons juice
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 pint whip cream
1 canned milk
3-4 cups frozen fruit blend
Add enough milk to be within 2 inches from the top

Add everything to an ice cream maker. Then use the directions of the ice cream maker to get the ice cream frozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment