Monday, June 24, 2013

Southwest Rolls

So I had some left over won-ton wrappers from making Won-ton Salad so I wanted to make something similar to the Tex Mex Egg rolls from Cheesecake Factory. I also ran out of Sour cream so I mad up the dipping sauce with what I had.




Southwest Rolls
Easiest way to use minced garlic
Won-ton wrapers
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans
1/4-1/3 cup of cilantro
1 large chicken breast shredded
taco seasoning
1 tbs minced garlic
2 roma tomatoes diced
1/2 onion
1 cup shredded cheese
garlic salt to taste

Cook chicken to your liking using taco seasoning (I cooked mine on the stove in a little bit of water). Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Combine all ingredients (except won-ton wrappers) in a bowl. Start adding stuffing to won-tons and rolling them up like an egg roll. Use a little bit of water on your finger to help seal the wrapper. Once all the rolls are stuffed spray cooking oil on them. Cook at 425 degrees for 20-25 min turning once. You can also deep fry them for 5-7 min. I made about 13 and stuffed them quite full.

Picture from http://www.poormet.com/buffalo-chicken-egg-rolls/

Dipping Sauce
4 oz of cream cheese
1/4-1/3 cup of cilantro
1 Tbs. lime juice
1 Tbs. minced Garlic
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup salsa (your choice)
2 tsp. Garlic salt
1 avocado

Most of the time I just estimate. So these measurements are just and estimate of what I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment