Tuesday, July 16, 2013

7 Layer dip

So seven layer dip is one of my go to for parties or just when I don't feel like using the oven. I use the salsa for so many things and it just tastes so much better than canned salsa!


Seven Layer Dip
1 can refried beans
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 Tbs. Taco seasoning
Shredded cheese
Guacamole
Salsa
Tomatoes
Olives
Lettuce
Onions

Mix the sour cream and Taco Seasoning together (I like more seasoning but you can use what your family likes). Spread refried beans into an 8X8 pan. Spread Sour cream mix. Add other topping as desired. I usually keep the Guacamole and Salsa on the side for my own personal reasons. Keep refrigerated until serving.

Salsa
2 Diced Tomatoes (vine ripe are best)
1/2 onion diced
1/2 cup cilantro chopped
Green peppers diced if desired
2 tsp. lime juice
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. garlic salt

Mix all ingredients together and serve. More garlic salt can be added for taste

Guacamole
Take some of the Salsa from above
2 avocados
1 tsp. lime or lemon juice
2 tsp. minced garlic
Garlic salt until desired taste

Take some of the salsa and add the other ingredients to a blender and blend until desired consistency. If you have more time hand mash avocados and add other ingredients. I like to add extra lime or lemon juice so the guacamole doesn't change color as fast.





No comments:

Post a Comment