Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Zucchini Bread

So the other day my dad gave me a zucchini from their garden. This this was huge! So I remembered a few years ago my old roommate Janelle made some Zucchini Bread. I decided that was the perfect thing to make with this huge zucchini.

I went on a search for a recipe that I liked. That took awhile. There were a few that were ok but I decided there were a lot of people into substitutions... It is not for me. At least right now. So after some Pinterest searching I decided to look at my staple website the food network. I found a recipe that I could mostly follow.

The recipe is from Paula Deen. No matter what happened in her past this woman know how to cook and cook amazingly. She has some of the best comfort food out there. There were only a few changes I made. I added 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg because it really isn't my favorite. I also added more chocolate chips and added orange extract instead of orange zest. Also I added some sugar on the top before putting the bread in the oven because I like that crispy crust it gives it.

Here is the Recipe if you don't want to go look at the website.

Ingredients
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon orange zest
Whipped cream, for serving
Zucchini ribbons, for serving
Directions
Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Grease (2) 9 by 5-inch loaf pans.

Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda.

In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add sugar, and continue beating until well blended. Stir in oil, vanilla, zucchini, pecans, chocolate chips, and orange zest. Stir in sifted ingredients. Pour into prepared loaf pans.

Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove loaves from pans and cool. Chill before slicing. Serve with whipped cream and ribbons of zucchini.


So this makes 2 loafs of bread and I thought I had two bread pans but I only had one... The first one looked great and then I went to get it out and the bottom stuck to the pan. I knew that I should have used Crisco to grease the pan but I was being lazy and used Pam. So for the second pan I mad sure I greases it really well with Crisco. I used butter Crisco because it is just better. It worked out much better!

I feel for the first time making zucchini bread I did a pretty good job. I really liked the orange flavor that came through with this recipe. I didn't make whipped cream for it but it is good with some butter and is best when it is warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment